Three talented women took part in the journalist-in-residence programme
In October 2018 Sokummono Khan from Cambodia, Dewi Safitri from Indonesia and Marielba Nuñez from Venezuela stayed in Antwerp for several weeks.
Mono is an ambitious young journalist who writes for Voice of America and is immersed in antibiotic resistance.
Marielba is a seasoned correspondent for SciDev.net and El Nacional, a national newspaper of Venezuela and wrote about malaria. Venezuela is dealing with a humanitarian emergency where controlled diseases, such as malaria, have reemerged.
Dewi is an experienced science journalist who works for CNN Indonesia. She is writing a long read about dengue, which accounts for more than 1200 fatalities per year in Indonesia.
- La malaria convirtió el país en amenaza – El Nacional – Marielba Nunez
- La ciencia afronta desafíos en la carrera contra el paludismo – El Nacional – Marielba Nunez
- Putting a stop to deaths of dengue – CNN Indonesia – Dewi Safitri
- Marielba on her journalist-in-residence experience – Interview Marielba Nunez
- Malaria bestrijden in Venezuela – Interview Marielba Nunez for Glo.be
- Gezondheid moet voorpaginanieuws worden in Indonesië – Interview Dewi Safitri for Glo.be
- Antibioticaresistentie treft ook Cambodja – Interview Sokummono Khan for Glo.be